Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hello There!

It has been a really long time since I have posted. I have been slacking in keeping up lately, but I am hoping to get caught up with all of you in the next couple of weeks. Life has been busy here in Kansas City. I think we might have just had our last snow storm for the winter/ spring... I THINK (HOPE!) :)

The past few months have been busy and a challenge! I am thankful it is officially spring here. Just to give you quick updates on things-

I have to brag on my man for a minute. Tim is doing wonderful in medical school! I am beyond proud of him. He is in the top quarter of his class, and was invited to join an honor's society because of that! He also made a 93 on his last test. God just affirms over and over again that this is where we are supposed to be, and medical school is where He has us right now. Not to mention, he is also doing well while getting a dual degree of a Masters in Business Administration/ Healthcare Leadership. There is a school here in Kansas City called Rockhurst that works with KCUMB to offer that dual degree. He and Andrew Brochu are doing this together. They have a class once a week that goes from 5:30 to 9:30ish then this summer they will have those classes rather than having the summers off.

Work for me is wonderful! I still love my job! I work for my three reps, and try to keep their businesses running as smooth as possible. We have alot of fun. It is a challege some days, but I am learning alot, and I feel like God has placed me in an area where my talents and ablilities can really be used. I have made some fun friends at work too- which has been such a blessing!

Another fun thing is, I think we have found a church! It is called Redeemer Fellowship. Some of our Kansas City friends (Andrew and Jenny, Jacob and Jetta, and Ben and Aly) have been going there for a few months now. We visited there after we got back from Christmas and really liked it. The teaching is wonderful, and we have left every Sunday really feeling like we learned the Word of God. Church has probably been the biggest challege of moving for us. The Summit Church will always have a special place in both of our hearts, but I really have struggled with leaving that church family! Anyway, I think we have found our church home. I think Jetta and I are going to start working in the church nursery together. I am really excited about that. I need some little kids in my life. :) More fun stories about church later.

The past three weeks have been especially busy for us. I made a quick trip home the weekend of the 12th. It was a study weekend for Tim, and I was missing some loved ones in a bad way! I left work early on Friday and made the drive. It was wonderful to come home, but it absolutely flew by! I made the drive back on Sunday, and went back to work that week. Then Kari and Hudson came to KC on that Friday. Back in November we found out that John Mayer was coming to KC on March 22, so her and I found out that Hudson's spring break started that weekend. We bought tickets for us and our men, so they came up for the weekend. The got here on Friday just in time for it to start sleeting/snowing. We had a slow morning on Saturday cause of all the snow, but still had a blast. We all went to church on Sunday, lunch with our KC friends, the Plaza, and cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Tim and I got up and went to work/ class on Monday- then JOHN MAYER that night!

The best part is we got to the Sprint Center and went up to our nosebleed seats, and this lady came up to us and asked us if we were big John Mayer fans. We were like, "yeah!" She asked us what our favorite songs were, and then she told us she worked for John Mayer, and how would we like front row seats?? I was just sitting there waiting for the catch- but she pulled out 4 tickets and handed them to us, but asked us to keep it quiet. We were SO excited!! We couldn't believe it, but sure enough...we went down to the ground floor, handed them our tickets and we were right there! :) Pictures below!

All the people behind us!


So excited for the concert!


I'm excited too! Can't you tell?


Our happy little group.


This is the guitarist for Michael Franti & Spearhead. We loved them, and he was so much fun! I think his name was Joel?


Michael Franti- he didn't wear shoes the whole show.
They were SO much fun! We got to talk to all of them afterwards!

Then, it was John Mayer time! He is a character, but the concert was great!!


Tim got some really good pictures!


We missed Uny!


Our picture with the guitarist! :) And our favorite security guard!


We had so much fun! :)
Ok, I am going to wrap this post up. I know it took forever. Thank you for sticking with me.
I love you all! Thank you for your love and prayers as Tim and I are on this adventure. You cheered me on through the crazy winter! :)

1 comment: