Sunday, November 8, 2009

Catching Up

I have meant to update the blog for weeks now, but I am just finally getting to it. Our little Kansas City world has been very busy lately. Since my last post alot has happened. Good things that have helped us get even more settled in our new city. God just continues to confirm that this is where we are supposed to be. I am going to try and catch you up in this post, and I'll give more details later.

  • We got a dog! Last time I blogged- we knew we were getting Kada, but hadn't gotten her yet. I took a last minute road trip to Little Rock to pick her up, and I got a few hugs and some quality time with LOVED ones while I was there. We have had her for about 5 weeks now. It took a little bit, but we are all settled now. Tim and I both just adore her. She is very sweet and cuddly, but has enough spunk to make things interesting. :) I'll post some pictures later. I made a photo album of her on Facebook, but I know some of you can't see that so I want to share on here too!

  • I got a job!! And I love it! :) I started at Northwestern Mutual as a Associate Financial Representative at the beginning of October. It was actually right after I brought Kada back, so it was a big week for Tim and I! I had a couple of interviews with them, and really liked everything I heard and saw. God was so good too. Throughout the whole process I just had a complete peace about everything.

To give you some details about what I am doing- I work as an associate for a Financial Rep named Jared Wirsig. Northwestern sells different kinds of insurances (like life and disability and a number of other things that I am still learning about.) Basically, my job is to keep things running smoothly at the office while Jared goes and is out meeting with clients. I keep the process going, from Jared meeting with clients and taking information to applying for certain policies to when the policy gets delivered to the client. It is alot of detail work and multitasking- which I love! Jared's strong point is not details and organization, and that is where I come in. He can't do his job without me doing my job, but I can't do my job without him doing his. I am not a saleswoman, by any means. ;) I also do some work for 2 other reps who haven't been doing this for very long. I work about 5 hours a week for both of them, and I think I am about to add another rep too! More details to come!

God's timing is just so perfect. I had been struggling with becoming restless, and was kind of feeling useless. God in his perfect wisdom had the timing all down. Jared had been needing to hire someone for a couple of months, but had just been so busy he had not taken the time to look. Over and over God just keeps confirming that this is a good fit for me. I feel challenged and some days I am pushed out of my comfort zone, but at the same time, my strengths are being used! It is a good feeling.

  • Kada and the new job are the biggest things that have happened. Tim is still doing awesome in med school. He has finished the Foundations of Medicine and Musculoskeletal sections, and is currently in the Cardiopulmonary section. I am beyond proud of him!!! His grades have been excellent, which has encouraged him and given him more confidence. God is SO good!

  • We have had some visitors since I last posted as well. Susan came to visit me about 6 weeks ago. We had so much fun just catching up and laughing. Tim had to study all that weekend so we just played. The weekend got topped off by Susan and I getting rear-ended. Sadly, it was in her car so we had to do a quick bandage to her Honda with some duck-tape for her drive back to Little Rock. We ended up being ok, just very sore for a couple of weeks. There has been some drama with the other driver, and him not being entirely honest about what happened. Susan and I are just thankful that God is in the details, and praying that it all works out ok.

  • Kari (my youngest sister) and her boyfriend Hudson just came this past weekend. We had a blast! There was A LOT of laughter which was wonderful! :) We went to the Cheesecake Factory in the Plaza last night and had Pumpkin cheesecake. So good.

  • We will be headed to Little Rock for Thanksgiving in the next couple of weeks, and are SO looking forward to it. Kada will be making the road-trip with us. She will get some quality time playing with Kobi (the Dietrich's German Shepherd) and Jake (my family's beloved Chocolate Lab). This will have been the longest stretch I have been away from my family and Little Rock, so it has been a challenge. But I am so grateful for how God has carried us through, and for how He continues to show us that this is where we are supposed to be. He keeps reminding us that He has our footsteps established. I love the peace that comes from just being able to rest in that knowledge.

Well, I think I have kept you long enough! I finally took pictures of the apartment so you can see our home, but I will post those next time. I figure this post has been long enough! :)

Love you all so much. Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement. God is SO good!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are both are rolling along nicely in kc! Your blog completely takes me back to seven years ago..I remember being newly married and having all those adjustments to go through at one time...being away from family/longtime friends, new job, meeting new friends, establishing your marriage and continuing to get to know each other...and all the good/ anxious moments that come along with all the change. It such a sweet sweet time of growing and learning.
    Im so proud of you both! Makes me teary eyed!
    Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete